In ultrasonic measurements, sound is generated with the aid of piezo actuators in the frequency range between 20 kHz and 10 GHz. The generated sound waves are guided through a medium and detected again with sensors that are also piezoceramic. Characteristics of the medium can be determined on the basis of transit time differences, damping or frequency changes.
Elsys data acquisition devices are ideally suited for recording ultrasonic signals, especially when several distributed sensors are to be evaluated. With the help of the TranAX formula editor, runtimes can be calculated or certain frequency bands can be filtered out.
TranAX® Universal DAQ Software
The TranAX® 4 data acquisition software turns your measurement hardware into a measurement solution. With TranAX® you get the maximum out of the Elsys measurement hardware:
- Easy configuration of channel and trigger settings, display of waveforms in customizable waveform displays, even of very large data sets.
- Various scalar-functions and an integrated formula editor for calculations are available for post processing analysis.
- Repetitive sequences can be automated with the help of the measurement flow control.
- For measurement reports TranAX has a documentation window to create printable reports.
- For further data processing, the measurement data can be exported to Matlab, Python or other programming languages and tools.